Sunday, October 9, 2011

Must Love Dogs

For the past few weeks I have been watching my sister's dog and my girlfriend's dog. My sister, Bri, has a pit bull puppy that is four weeks old, my girlfriend, Meagan, has a lab/hound mix that is four months old. Although I do love dogs taking care of them is more than I thought, for example the lab/hound just jumped on the couch and is trying to push me off to get comfortable and I'm trying to type. This week I am watching the lab/hound, which is my personal favorite,nhe is a cuddler and is much more calm than the pit bull.  Today I left the him outside and it rained while I was out to the stor , when I get back he is soaking wet. As I fumble my groceries to get through the door he finds his opportunity to get inside. Dashing between my legs he heads to the place that he loves the most my bed, so now I have a handful of groceries and a wet dog in my bed, lucky me.
     Prior to this week I was watching my sister's dog the pit bull, he is even more of a handful. He loves to be my alarm clock, which I am ok with, but not at 6 a.m. I enjoy him because he is a puppy and is playful but I am not sure how my sister can live with this dog. It will not stop whinning, I tried to ignore it as long as I could but it's like trying to ignore a foghorn.
     Overall I do have a soft spot for dogs, I just would not be a good owner at the moment. I feel I could keep one alive, but as far as a good owner not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment